Over the past several years Francophilia has become all the rage with scores of books written about how to eat, dress and act like a French woman. Bearing in mind that these books tend to use an archetype as the basis for their advice, following are my favorites of the lot thus far:
- Choosing the Simply Luxurious Life by Shannon Ables
- Entre Nous by Debra Ollivier
- Thirty Chic Days by Fiona Ferris
- The Madame Chic series by Jennifer L. Scott
- My Good Life in France by Janine Marsh
- The Bonne Femme Cookbook by Wini Moranville (while this is not a lifestyle book, the recipes are so amazing and easy to follow that I had to add it in)
Readers will undoubtedly note that I have not included the classic that arguably launched the genre, French Women Don’t Get Fat by Mireille Guiliano. I have not picked it up yet but I did read her book French Women Don’t Get Facelifts. To be honest, it wasn’t particularly life-changing to me so I’m in no hurry to get the original.
What are your favorite Francophile-inspired books and other media?